Monday, November 25, 2013

Week 24

I miss our animals. Dogs here are not treated very well and they are basically just left in the yard to stop people from coming in. It's sad. In the nicer areas they are taken better care of though. That's awesome about the Timpview football team. Ryan drove the pick-up to Grandmas? Dang, I'm impressed. I'm getting pretty decent at manual. There's been lots of improvement and it is kind of fun but I think I still prefer automatic. I'm doing very well with the food and water here, I don't think I've been sick since I've come to Queenstown. We have a water filter but it's not even necessary. There's nothing specific that I need but I am looking forward to your Christmas box. Our budget doesn't really permit for a lot of snacks and treats so I'm looking forward to whatever you can send.  

My clicking is coming along alright. I don't understand most things but I'm picking up a few words here and there. It's nothing to be too impressed about. This last week has been a pretty good one. Sivu was baptized last week and he asked me to confirm him a member of the church and give him the Holy Ghost. So far I've done that for everyone we've baptized. I was a lot less nervous this time and things went well.

Last P-day we played soccer and then had an FHE with Bishop Bangani and his family. It's just him and his wife and their daughter who is back from University for the holidays. They have a son serving in Botswana and he should be back next month and an older son who is in Cape Town. Last time we had an FHE with them he gave the lesson so this time it was our turn. It was all six missionaries from the Ward there and everyone has been here for over a year except me. So I, of course, the least experienced Elder gave the lesson. I luckily had grabbed my notebook before we left so I gave a lesson on Alma 50 and drew a picture that went along with it; the Bishop said it was very powerful.

We also had a lesson with a man named Boocker. I don't know if I've mentioned him before but he is a referral from Bro. Qinesela in the Bishopric. Boocker is prepared and super powerful. He has come to Church once so far and was contributing in Elders Quorum meeting already. The last lesson we taught him was in his office because he was finishing up a school assignment which is what stopped him from coming to Church this last week. He said that once this assignment is over he is going to come to Church every week and he is going to read the Book of Mormon every day. When we walked into his office he was watching Jeffery R. Holland on Youtube and he already has the MoTab on his phone.

Boocker invited a friend to sit in on the lesson with us. His friend is a born-again Christian and didn't really agree with us and wouldn't take a Book of Mormon. Boocker was defending us whenever the other guy asked questions and I think our answers to his questions were more for Boocker than for the other guy and I think it helped strengthen Boocker’s testimony.

Nothing else too exciting happened this week. Sunday was the Primary program and it was so funny and spiritual. There were a couple of “you had to be there experiences” that I couldn't describe but the talks and scriptures that those kids memorized were very impressive. One girl who was 4 or 5 got up and used a lot of big words and then when she sat down everyone was like “woah”.

I don’t have much else to say and nothing picture worthy happened this week so I’m not sending any pictures but I love and miss you all and can't wait to Skype with you in a month.

Love,

Mdala Kupka