Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Week 27 - Part 2

I have some more time today to write since we didn't get to on Monday. Thank you for sending the package, Mom. You don't have to worry about what you put in it because I’ll appreciate whatever it is. My address is going to be the same my whole mission. It all goes to Cape Town and then the Post Elders send it out to us. As for Skyping I will need a name so if you could get me that it would be nice and if we did it at 10:00 or 11:00 in the morning your time it would be 7:00 or 8:00 in the evening here. If there are any problems I could always call.

This last week was transfers so we had Elder Quinton and Elder Erickson with us in our flat until Wednesday.   The Ward Christmas party was on Saturday and it was a lot of fun. It was supposed to start at 10:00 am but it didn't end up starting until 12 30. There was a talent show portion, a beauty pageant which I thought was kind of weird but then there was lots and lots of food. I’ll send some pictures next week.

Zone Conference was yesterday and it was amazing. We started with a training from the APs about Christ-like attributes and how they link to enduring to the end. Then President and Sister Wood gave a training on the Atonement and it was awesome. The Woods training sessions are always great.

After that we had the mission Christmas party. We started with Zone reports which is where each companionship puts on a skit to report about our Zone. We started with the Zone Leaders saying why each one of us are so spiritual. The one for Elder Slabbert and me was that we tried to go swimming once but the waters parted instead.

When they introduced Elder Erickson he burst into the gym singing a song called, “Spiritual As Me” from Sons of Provo. He handed out fliers with pictures of his face on them and a whole list of things that make him spiritual. He also read a scripture from the Book of Lehi that prophesied of his spiritual-ness. It was by far the best report.

We also did a white elephant gift exchange but we couldn't spend more than 20 rand. I bought a wizard nose to give and got two guns that shoot little foam balls. We also watched a movie called “Ephraim’s Rescue” which was actually very good.

It was an awesome day and made Christmas a little better. I met Sarah Thayne’s cousin who just got here last week and he's a real cool guy. That about sums up my week. I love and miss you.


Elder Kupka