Monday, September 15, 2014

Week 66

Well, it's been a pretty crazy week this week. First, I found out my transfer news for next transfer already and it’s only week 4. Elder Kivley is being transferred to Cape Town next Monday because there is a missionary going home early who is a Zone Leader and Elder Kivley is going to replace him.

Then my news is that with Elder Kivley leaving I will be the new District Leader here and with next transfer I will begin training a new Elder. I've been a junior companion for the last 15 months even though the last 7.5 months have been more like a co-companionship. But now I'm stepping it up big time to District Leader/Trainer. I was thinking I might get one or the other but both kind of caught me off guard. But hey, it should be fun and I'm looking forward to it.

We had Asanda's baptism interview this week. He passed with flying colors and he will be baptized this coming Sunday. Elder Kivley was going to miss it but President Merrill is letting him fly out the day after because he will be the one baptizing him. 

We also took Lazola and Sihle out for dinner last Tuesday since they were supposed to be leaving. We went to Guidos for dinner but then they found out the next day that they won't be leaving until the end of the month. It was still a good time though.

We had umngqusho with the Thsibos last Monday. It was super nice and they're super awesome. I went on exchanges with Elder Carnielleto this week. Nothing too exciting happened but now I can say that I've been companions with the only Brazilian and only Italian Elders ever in the South Africa Cape Town Mission.

We also got to milk cows this week. The other Elders have some investigators who own a bunch of cows and they asked us if we wanted to go milk them so, of course, we said yes. I never thought I'd come to Africa to milk cows but now I can say that I've done it.

Our investigators are doing well. After Asanda’s baptism, Princess and Zandy are the next ones up for baptism and they are doing really great. They should be all set to be my son’s (new companion) first baptisms. 

This email has been a bit all over the place but I don't have much time today. We're cooking dinner tonight for the rest of the Franz family since we took Lazola and Sihle out last week; chicken curry with pap and cheesecake for dessert. It should be great.

Until next week!

Elder Kupka