Monday, December 8, 2014

Week 78

Mfundo - our awesome investigator who will be baptized next month

Yvonne and her family and Busi who will be baptized next month



Motlalepula, Ketumetsi and Mompo - they will be baptized
when Despatch becomes part of the Kwamagxaki ward
Nwabisa - another great investigator who
will also be baptized next month










Good Morning!

Well, I was right, this was my last week in Uitenhage. I'm being transferred to the Panorama ward. My new companion is Elder Dryer from Utah and he arrived in Elder Decebal-Cuza's transfer but that's about all I know about him but I'm pretty excited.

The area is in Cape Town in the Bellville stake. I'm stepping down from District Leader also. President Merril's letter told me that this will be my last area and that seems super crazy. I feel old on the mission but to think that I'm on my last area is pretty crazy. It does mean that I'm going to have two 6 month areas in a row. I just feel good right now and there's no other way to explain it. I've got six months left to work hard and keep enjoying myself.

This last week has been a pretty a great week too. We've been super busy and had a lot of held appointments. We taught 30 lessons so there's no way I could talk about all of them. I even started saying good-byes. It was a bit risky because anything can happen but I couldn't take the chance and not. I got up and bore my testimony on Sunday and I will truly miss the Uitenhage ward. It has been an awesome six months and there are so many great people that I will miss. I guess I'll just highlight a few things.

On Monday we had a lesson with the Frans family and their neighbors who are interested in the gospel. We started re-teaching Siphosethu the lessons and having her neighbor’s daughter join in as well. Then this week the husband is coming back and Elder Decebal-Cuza and Elder Arthur(the Elder replacing me) will start teaching them.

District Meeting on Friday was super cool. I taught the Three Pillars of Eternity (The Creation, The Fall, and The Atonement) and it was a pretty good district meeting. Then afterwards our first appointment was with the Xangatis. We had planned on teaching about prayer and scripture study because half of them had heard it and the other half hadn't. When we got there it was only Arthur and Valentine and they were the ones that had already heard it before. So, I asked them if they have any questions about anything. Their questions turned out to be about the creation, the fall, and the atonement. So we read 2 Nephi 2 with them and explained it; I guess I really was an inspired district leader.

Saturday we got to see Asanda. It was good to be able to teach him again after he's been locked in his school for so long. He is such a sweet guy and I'm so happy that I got to teach him. We had a good lesson on the gospel of Jesus Christ.

Then Sunday was great as well. Sister Hendricks was unable to make it to church because she had kidney problems and couldn't even walk. So that was a pretty good reason. She'll be confirmed this week with Siphosethu. Then I bore my testimony in Sacrament meeting. It was hard to say good-bye to so many great people. Sinethemba and Asanda got up and bore their testimonies and gave me a shout out too which was super cool.

After church we had a decent day. We taught two lessons; one with Nwabisa and one with Benjamin. Nwabisa was very sad to hear that I was leaving because "I won't be able to see her get baptized." It is sad that I won't see it but to hear her say that she is really going to be baptized made me so happy. Then with Benjamin we taught the gospel of Jesus Christ. We answered his questions about baptism and then I committed him to be baptized and he said yes. I'm so happy that I was able to finish strong in this area. I thought it would be hard to stay six months somewhere but it's been pretty easy. We'll see if Panorama will be the same but I'm sure it will be. Well, that's it for me. I'm happy, I'm healthy and I'm excited.

Love,

Elder Kupka