Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 87


Hello,    
       
What a crazy busy week. It started last Monday when we went to the Waterfront and looked around before we went to dinner. While we were wandering around this guy asked us to take a ride on his boat. We toured around the harbor and it was really sweet and it only cost us 30 Rand each. We then went to dinner and I ended up getting a really nice steak. Elder Dryer and I then went to say good-bye to the Le Rouxs.

Tuesday was a pretty solid day mixed with appointments and good-byes. In the morning we had a lesson with Elie, he had come to church this last Sunday with his uncle, and it was a great lesson. He has a lot of questions which makes it fun to teach him. We also saw Michelle and her family. They had made a good-bye dinner for Elder Dryer and it was delicious - so much good food.

Wednesday was transfer day so I dropped Elder Dryer off and picked up my new trainee. His name is Elder Fonua and he's a Tongan from Herriman. He's a great guy and we are getting along really well already. I'm going to enjoy training him a lot.

We had a good lesson with Charles but after that Elder Fonua was pretty exhausted because he flew straight here from the Provo MTC so we came back and let him rest up, under President Merrill's orders.

Thursday was a pretty busy day because we had five appointments. One of them was with a man named Sisa. He's less active due to work, unfortunately, but he wants us to keep coming and teaching him and uplifting him so that's what we'll do.

Friday I taught the district meeting again since I'm the District Leader now. I did the one I had done before on Love and it went really well. Love truly is the essence of the gospel and it was really an awesome district meeting.

Well, that evening we had a lesson with the Le Roux family and I felt prompted to share the message on love with them as well. There was a really sweet spirit felt and everyone just seemed happy at the end of the lesson. We finished the evening with dinner and a spiritual thought with the Von Thander family; another great family whom I have come to love.

Saturday was a super busy day. In the morning we had a special meeting with Brother Tad R. Callister who is the Sunday School General President and Brother Gibson who is the Young Men’s President. It was pretty awesome. Brother Gibson told us to work with the young men more and help them with Duty to God and also to be good leaders for them when we get home from our missions.

Brother Callister talked about the Apostasy and Restoration. It was very similar to his talk "The Blueprint of Christ's Church" which I have read a lot on the mission. We also had the baptism interview for Princess and she passed with flying colors.

Sunday was another hectic one. Elder Fonua and I were asked to help pass the Sacrament, Elder Fonua gave the Gospel Principles' lesson and I taught Elder's Quorum on Agency. Then after church we had a missionary fireside where I spoke about Alma 5:26. Sister Mandisa spoke about Member Missionary work and Brother Leon, our awesome fellowshipper/ward missionary spoke about D&C 88:81. Then Elder Fonua and I did a role play about how to hand out a Book of Mormon and then we gave copies of the Book of Mormon to members so they could hand them out.

Sunday afternoon we had a pretty solid day of appointments. It's just been a very spiritual week for me. I've felt very happy and peaceful and I've felt the spirit very strongly. I feel like I'm just floating until the end of my mission - in a good way. I love the work and I love Panorama.

Until next week,
Elder Kupka



Elder Kivley



Yacht chilling at the Waterfront


Elder Wilhelmsen

Elder Dryer