Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 94

Oh, it's been such a great week!

Last Monday after the hike we went to see Tristan. She is still doing great and preparing for her baptism at the end of the month. After that we went to the Sibotobotoes and had a lesson on the pride cycle. I have been wanting to come up with a way to teach it and I finally found some scriptures for it and it was awesome.

On Tuesday we had six investigator lessons set and most of them live with members so I thought it would be super easy to get six member-present lessons. Without consulting my companion I made a covenant that we would teach six member present lessons that day. He was very surprised when I finished praying at the end of our planning meeting but we knew we could do it.

So on Tuesday we had three appointments drop and one of them we weren't able to get a member to come with us. Instead we had to take members with us while finding but we ended up getting into the homes of four different people and we taught some very powerful lessons. The last one ended at 8:45 at night.

It was so hard and physically and spiritually exhausting but it ended up working out in the end. The Lord will always hold up His end of the deal but we have to be willing to go to work and do our best. He will always provide a way.

One of the families we found when we were about to give up is a family that just left their other church and is looking for a new one. They are going to be a great new family to teach. On Wednesday we were invited to attend the New Apostolic Church by a family we've been teaching and President gave us the go ahead to attend. So we went and it was nice; they have a beautiful church and a great choir. It was different for us and they switched to Afrikaans about 1/4 of the way into it. I have a lot of questions I want to ask the family for clarification so that I don’t get things wrong before I explain them to you, and we didn't get to see them this week so I'll tell you more about our visit next week.

In my studies I've been focusing on personal revelation. That's what my topic was for district meeting and I learned a lot about personal revelation and how to understand the spirit better. There's a Mormon Message by Elder Bednar called “Patterns of Light”, it's a three part series and it's really great. I have come up with an eight step process on how to do it and how to apply it in investigator' lives and it is very powerful.

Saturday we started doing District Dinner again so we went over to the other Elders’ boarding and had dinner together. I really like the district that we have now. We have some great unity and it's going to be a good couple of transfers.

My travel plans came in today and I'll be leaving South Africa on the 12th of June and I'll get home on the 13th, exactly two years from the day that I entered the MTC in Jo-burg. It's been a great journey and I've loved every minute but I still have a few more weeks to consecrate my time and talents to the Lord.

We had Sister Emore's baptism on Saturday and she was so happy. She bore testimony about how the gospel has changed her life and how she used to run away from us when we would teach her daughters but how the spirit touched her and made her want to change and come to church. It was a great way to end the week and I hope to have a few more baptisms before I come home. The work is great and I love the Lord, and everyone who is reading this.

Love,
Elder Kupka



Sister Emore's baptism