Monday, May 4, 2015

Week 99


It was another great week and I only have a few more left so I hope that they are all as great as this one. We're keeping busy and working hard and it's helping me a lot. Lots of great things are happening.

On Wednesday I got to say goodbye to Elder Freitas. I can't believe that crazy Brazilian is going home and next up it's me! It was good to see him one last time though and I'm going to miss him.

Thursday we unfortunately helped the Von Thander family move out of the ward. That made me pretty sad. I was glad to help them move but I’m sad to see them go. We also had an appointment with a new older couple we had tracted into. They haven't been going to church and won't go back until the Lord tells them where they need to go - which is exactly what we did. When we got there the husband was kind of stand-offish towards us but by the end of the lesson he was begging us to come back. I'm excited to keep working with them.

In District Meeting we had a great discussion about how to help our investigators progress and we have a lot more ideas and goals to implement.

On Saturday we went to help a man who had stopped Elder Fonua and Elder Truscott and asked for help because his son hears voices that tell him to do bad things. So we went on Saturday and taught them about the priesthood and gave the son a priesthood blessing. He didn't look very good when we got there but when we finished he was smiling and looking a lot better. I'm grateful we were able to help and I'm grateful for the priesthood.

Sunday was a nice day and I bore my testimony for the second to last time on the mission. Next fast and testimony meeting will be my last Sunday in Africa and that's pretty weird to think about. After church we had great lessons with Kingsly and Jay. Kingsly is starting to trust us a lot and we're making great progress. We talked about the Plan of Salvation and he didn't agree at first but he loved it by the end. We gave a Book of Mormon to Jay and talked about it and he's excited to read it. His parents are pastors though in their own church so we'll have to wait and see how that turns out. Otherwise things are good on this side – I’m just finishing strong.

Love,
Elder Kupka



Saying good-bye to Elder Freitas

All different sorts of meat "braai'd"