Monday, June 1, 2015

Week 103



Well, this last week was pretty solid. Last Monday we hiked to Devil's Peak. I sent the pictures but forgot to write about it. It was a pretty intense hike. At the top it was super cloudy and windy and cold. It was fun though.

In the evening we went and saw the Johnsons. They are a sweet family and I'm really going to miss them. They are always so nice to us.

Tuesday I was on exchanges with Elder Prisbrey. He is a great missionary and we had a really good day. Nothing spectacular happened but it all just flowed really well. All of the appointments held and we even got a surprise DA from Brother Celestian.

Thursday we had to get our car serviced. So we went up and spent the morning with the rest of the district at their boarding. The car wasn't ready until half past 4 so it kind of shafted our whole day. We did have a nice lesson with Rodger though. We just had an hour long discussion about death and resurrection which I think was really awesome. I had been studying up on it all week to help a less active member who had a question about it.

Saturday we saw that less active member and it really cleared things up for her. She's been studying with us and the Jehovah's Witnesses and she really liked our answer. We're now going to start going through all of the lessons with her again so she can gain a greater understanding and testimony.

The rest of Saturday was spent visiting a few other less active families and some new people who moved into our ward. That night we had an all you can eat sushi dinner with the district and the assistants.

Sunday was nice but everyone kept asking me when I'm leaving. It was really sad to say next week but I'm so happy to go home; such mixed emotions. After church we saw Kingsly and he is such a boss. He's coming to church next week. We taught him about the Word of Wisdom and we talked about the things that we can't have with the exception of Rooibos tea. And he said are you sure? Because I don't use any of that stuff except that I drink Rooibos tea. So he's already been living the Word of Wisdom before he even knew about it. He is such a prepared investigator and I'm so glad to have been able to work with him; he is a really sweet guy.

That's all for this week. One more week and then I'm home!

Love,
Elder Kupka




Kingsly


The Johnsons

Elder Prisbrey

District Sushi Night